Wednesday 10 February 2016

New Year, new projects



Wow. Has it really been more than 2 years since I started designing personalised initials?
Where has that time gone?

I've been so busy with growing tinkers, involvement with school projects, running festival workshops and expanding our home that the time has flown.

And my how things have evolved... I now have to open and close my order books and have a set structure for my artworks. People are beginning to recognise my style and request my designs rather than asking me to copy something.
I'm still persevering with trying to get my own little scribbles out into the wide world at the right price for the market. I've managed to set up a semi-successful facebook page and keep in regular contact with my audience, so I guess it's about time to get back to my blog :-)





These are a couple of my recent commissions, I've also been working on larger ones of numbers, special birthdays that sort of thing. I do enjoy them even though they can take and absolute age to complete. At the moment financially it really is the love of the job that keeps me going :-)

I've also been running an art club for our local children, lots of fun and a chance to see some emerging artists at the very start of their enthusiastic lives. Last year I ran story and craft sessions for pre-schoolers at the local library hub and this year I'm taking groups in the local infant school. It's lovely to see their development alongside that of my own two little tinkers.
We've managed to create to fabulous crafts over the past few months. I might even start putting some tutorials up on here to showcase their work.

So to the future.... spring is nearly here. Tiny tinker is settled happily into preschool and her sister is coming along leaps and bounds in her own creative way. So that frees up a little more time for me to focus on Scribble development and MichCatt projects.

Although I'm still on go slow whilst I savour the time with tiny tinker before she starts school in the autumn. These are the final chances for me to snuggle a little'un and show her the wonders of new delights before she sees them boring


No comments:

Post a Comment